Exposure to electricity may have results ranging from a mild injury to severe cardiopulmonary arrest in children. As children are restless and in search of new things, they are generally injured by contacting with low-voltage domestic electrical cords, sockets, and tool. Oral burns are often seen in crawling infants taking a live cable into their mouth. In literature, only a limited number of cases are reported regarding oral commissure injuries associated with low-voltage electric shocks. In this study, we presented a case, which is limited in literature, of one-year-old boy brought to our emergency department upon oral commissure injury as a result of the contact with low-voltage electricity in home accident.
Children, Oral burns, low-voltage domestic electrical injury, emergency department