Home|Journals|Articles by Year Follow on Twitter| Subscribe to List

Directory for Medical Articles

Open Access

Original Research

TAF Prev Med Bull. 2010; 9(2): 93-98

Use of Internet for Health Information amongst Medical Practitioners in a Nigerian Community

Charles Oluwole Omolase, Chidi Oliver Ihemedu, Olakunle Tolulope Ogunleye, Bukola Olateju Omolase.

AIM: This study aimed at assessing the use of internet for health information among Medical practitioners working at Federal Medical Centre, Owo, Ondo State, Nigeria .
METHOD: Eighty two Medical Practitioners working in the hospital selected by simple random sampling were interviewed with the aid of self administered questionnaire. The information obtained included the bio-data of the respondents, access to internet and their desire for further training in internet use.
RESULTS: The respondents comprised of 16 (19.5%) Consultants,10 (12.2%) Resident Doctors,38 (46.3%) Medical Officers and 18 (22%) House Officers. Majority of the respondents:76 (92.7%) had access to the internet while the remaining 6 (7.3%) did not. Most of the respondents 64 (78%) expressed desire for further training in accessing health information on the internet while the remaining 18 (22%) did not.
CONCLUSION: Most respondents had access to the internet however majority of them expressed desire for further training in accessing health information on the internet. There is need for further training for Medical Practitioners in use of internet for health information.

Key words: Medical Practitioners, Internet Use, Health Information, Nigeria

Article Language: Turkish English

Full-text options

Full-text Article

American Journal of Physiology, Biochemistry and Pharmacology


BiblioMed Home
Follow ScopeMed on Twitter
Author Tools
eJPort Journal Hosting
About BiblioMed
License Information
Terms & Conditions
Privacy Policy
Contact Us

The articles in Bibliomed are open access articles licensed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0/) which permits unrestricted, non-commercial use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided the work is properly cited.
ScopeMed is a Database Service for Scientific Publications. Copyright ScopeMed Information Services.