Home|Journals|Articles by Year Follow on Twitter

Directory for Medical Articles
 

Open Access

Research Article

EEO. 2020; 19(4): 3212-3218


Eco-Floristic Study of Weed Flora of Garlic Crop in District Bannu, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Pakistan.

Adnan Ali Shah, Khushnood Ur Rehman, Murad Muhammad*, Naushad Khan, Sumbal Khan, Muhammad Ali Shah, Lubna Khattak.

Abstract
The present research was carried out to evaluate the floristic composition and ecological characteristics of weeds flora of garlic crop. This study was directed in district Bannu, Kp, Pakistan from September 2020 to March 2021.Overall, 19 weeds belonging from 10 various families were reported from the selected garlic field of the research area, out of which only 2 (10.52%) species are monocot belongs from a family Poaceae while the remaining 17 (89.47%) species are dicots belongs from 9 different families. Asteraceae and Polygonaceaeare the leading families having 3 (15.78%) species which are trailed by Brassicaceae, Caryophyllaceae, Chenopodiaceae, Papilionaceae, and Poaceae each having 2 (10.52%) species while the remaining 3 families Convolvulaceae, Euphorbiaceae, and Ranunculaceae having 1 (5.26%) species each. In a current study,the Annual contribute 13 (68.42%) species while the biennial and perennial contributed 4 (21.05%) and 2 (10.52%) species, respectively.The dominant life form spectra are therophyte spectra in a current study having 15 (78.94%) species followed by Geophyte having 3 (15.78%) species and hemicryptophyte having 1 (5.26%) species. Leaf size spectra demonstrated that nanophyll and microphyll are the dominant class having 6 (31.57%) species each, followed by mesophyll having 3 (15.78%) species while the leptophyll and macrophyll having 2 (10.52%) species each. The habitat condition reveals that wet plants were dominant having 12 (63.15%) spp which is trailed by dry plants having 6 (31.57%) spp and the only 1 (5.26%) cultivated species. Seasonal variation reveals that spring has a maximum flora of 19 (100%) spp followed by Winter 9 (47.36%) spp, summer 4 (21.05%) spp, and autumn 1 (5.26%) spp. The dominant leaf type is simple leaf having 11 (57.89%) spp followed by compound and dissected leaves having 4 (21.05%) spp. Phonologically 14 (73.68%) weeds were collected in the reproductive stage while 5 (26.31%) weeds were collected in a vegetative stage. Abundance classes demonstrate that 10 (52.63%) spp are frequent, trailed by 7 (36.84%) spp which is occasional, and 2 (10.52%) spp which is abundant.

Key words: Floristic composition, Garlic, Life form spectra, Bannu, Weeds, seasonality.



Similar Articles

Proteomic analysis of oilseed cake: a comparative study of species-specific proteins and peptides extracted from ten seed species.
Kotecka-Majchrzak K, Sumara A, Fornal E, Montowska M
Journal of the science of food and agriculture. 2021; 101(1): 297-306

Combining multiple decedent data sources for a population-based picture of end-of-life health care utilization.
Ma J, Beliveau J, Snider W, Jordan W, Casarett D
Journal of pain and symptom management. 2021; ():

Health-Related Quality of Life, Depression, and Self-esteem in Patients With Androgenetic Alopecia: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis.
Huang CH, Fu Y, Chi CC
JAMA dermatology. 2021; ():

Social media use informing behaviours related to physical activity, diet and quality of life during COVID-19: a mixed methods study.
Goodyear VA, Boardley I, Chiou SY, Fenton SAM, Makopoulou K, Stathi A, Wallis GA, Veldhuijzen van Zanten JJCS, Thompson JL
BMC public health. 2021; 21(1): 1333

A review of okara (soybean curd residue) utilization as animal feed: Nutritive value and animal performance aspects.
Rahman MM, Mat K, Ishigaki G, Akashi R
Animal science journal = Nihon chikusan Gakkaiho. 2021; 92(1): e13594


Full-text options


Add your Article(s) to Indexes
• citeindex.org






ScopeMed.com
CiteIndex.org
CancerLine
FoodsLine
PhytoMedline
Follow ScopeMed on Twitter
Author Tools
eJPort Journal Hosting
About BiblioMed
License Information
Terms & Conditions
Privacy Policy
Contact Us

The articles in Bibliomed are open access articles licensed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0/) which permits unrestricted, non-commercial use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided the work is properly cited.
ScopeMed is a Database Service for Scientific Publications. Copyright ScopeMed Information Services.