Home|Journals|Articles by Year

Directory for Medical Articles
 

Open Access

Original Research

RMJ. 2019; 44(2): 356-358


Prevalence of carpal tunnel syndrome in computer users working in MCB bank of Faisalabad, Pakistan

Kashan Aslam, Muhammad Mohsin Hussain, Ahmad Bilal Arif.

Abstract
Objective: To determine the prevalence of carpal tunnel syndrome (CTS) and any functional problem in computer users working in MCB bank of Faisalabad.
Methodology: This observational cross-sectional survey was conducted on a sample of 156 computer workers in MCB bank. Boston Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Questionnaire (BCTQ) was used to collect data. Chi-square test was used to determine association between CTS and computer use.
Results: Overall prevalence of CTS 61.5%. Functional status scale, showed that 50.6% males and 15.4% females had functional problems. The total population which had functional problem was 66%.
Conclusion: There is a strong association between computer use and CTS. Funtional problems were common in these compuer users.

Key words: CTS, computer use, MCB Bank.






Similar Articles

Full-text options


Latest Statistics about COVID-19
• pubstat.org


Add your Article(s) to Indexes
• citeindex.org






Journal Finder
Covid-19 Trends and Statistics
CiteIndex.org
CancerLine
FoodsLine
PhytoMedline
About BiblioMed
License Information
Terms & Conditions
Privacy Policy
Contact Us

The articles in Bibliomed are open access articles licensed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0/) which permits unrestricted, non-commercial use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided the work is properly cited.