Home|Journals|Articles by Year Follow on Twitter| Subscribe to List

Directory for Medical Articles
 

Open Access

Original Research



Chromosomal tR1/29 abnormalities in Senepol cattle

Rita Maria Ladeira Pires, Keila Maria Roncato Duarte, Jackson Barros Amaral, Fabio Morato Monteiro, Rafael Herrera Alvarez.

Abstract
Cytogenetic analysis allows dettection of animals with chromosomal abnormalities, which may affect the productive and reproductive functions. This study aimed to evaluate tR1/29 abnormality incidence in Senepol cattle evaluated in this study. Blood samples were obtained from 94 females and 61 males from farms and AI Centers (Artificial Insemination) at São Paulo State. 15 karyotypes were analyzed, 11 (74.2%) had normal chromosome complement (2n = 60), 58 autosomes acrocentric chromosomes morphology and two submetacentrics sex chromosomes (XX in females and XY in males). The remaining 40 (25.8%) had abnormalities of type Robertsonian 1/29 (tR1/29), 37 in heterozygous, and three in homozygous. Results confirm the importance of cytogenetic analysis. Negative effect on reproduction of tR1/29 anomaly is still controversial, but are particularly relevant to the industry of bulls destined to replacement or semen collection and embryo donors cows, since the identification and subsequent removal of animals carrying this anomaly may prevent further problems in herds.

Key words: cattle; chromossome; karyotype; reproduction



Full-text options

Full-text Article




Advertisement
Progress in Orthopedic Science

SUBMIT YOUR ARTICLE NOW




ScopeMed.com
BiblioMed Home
Follow ScopeMed on Twitter
Author Tools
eJPort Journal Hosting
About BiblioMed
License Information
Terms & Conditions
Privacy Policy
Contact Us

The articles in Bibliomed are open access articles licensed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0/) which permits unrestricted, non-commercial use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided the work is properly cited.
ScopeMed is a Database Service for Scientific Publications. Copyright © ScopeMed® Information Services.