Home|Journals|Articles by Year Follow on Twitter

Directory for Medical Articles
 

Open Access

Original Article

IMJ. 2015; 7(2): 87-90


COMMUNITY RESPONSE TOWARDS POLIO VACCINATION CAMPAIGNS IN TEHSIL TAKHT E NASRATI OF DISTRICT KARAK

ZIA ULLAH AKHUNZADA, JAN ALAM, SANA ZEB.

Abstract
OBJECTIVE: To find out opinion and response of the community people towards anti-polio campaigns in the target area.
STUDY DESIGN: A cross sectional study.
PLACE AND DURATION: The research was conducted in Tehsil Takht e Nasrati of District Karak from 1st September 2012 to 28th February 2013.
METHODOLOGY: The sample size for the study was 40 and the respondents for the study were head of households and were having children below 5 years of age. The sample respondents were residing in the study area from decades and were having enough knowledge about the norms, values, customs and beliefs of the study area which was very important for the study.
RESULTS: Out of total 40 respondents, 85% answered that the goal of polio vaccination campaigns are to eradicate polio disease and nothing other than this. Similarly 22.5% respondents answered that religious clerics are negatively propagating the anti polio vaccines while the remaining 77.5% answered that religious clerics are not negatively propagating polio vaccines.
CONCLUSION: Community people are taking polio vaccination positive. They are extending cooperation to the polio vaccination teams and are keen to eliminate this disease. The misconception about polio vaccination can be removed through educating the masses.

Key words: Polio, Oral Polio Vaccine, Wild Poliovirus, Immunization






Similar Articles

Full-text options


Latest Statistics about COVID-19
• pubstat.org


Add your Article(s) to Indexes
• citeindex.org






Journal Finder
Covid-19 Trends and Statistics
CiteIndex.org
CancerLine
FoodsLine
PhytoMedline
ScopeMed.com
Follow ScopeMed on Twitter
Online Journal Management
eJPort Journal Hosting
About BiblioMed
License Information
Terms & Conditions
Privacy Policy
Contact Us

The articles in Bibliomed are open access articles licensed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0/) which permits unrestricted, non-commercial use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided the work is properly cited.
ScopeMed is a Database Service for Scientific Publications. Copyright ScopeMed Information Services.